Just sharing some reading/research I’ve been doing over the incredible outperformance of lumber so far in 2010. It is up 40% year-to-date, a fairly astounding figure.
- Pine beetle threatens North American forestry (UPI)
- Pine beetle to affect lumber supply continent-wide (Province)
- What’s killing the great forests of the American West? (Guardian)
- Some see beetles in forests as natural event (NYT)
- U.S. lumber prices higher as tax incentive nears end (Reuters)
- Random lumber-length quotes (CME)
All graphs via Finviz.