Here is a sneak peek at some links from my weekly Weekend Reading column over at TheStreet.com.
- Settlement day approaches for Fannie/Freddie credit default swaps on Monday (FT)
- The hottest banks for PE are those that offer vanilla checking, CD, and lending services (IDD)
- Credit Crunch Takes Bite Out of McDonald’s (Advertising Age)
- James Grant thinks the Paulson bailout is more of the same bad medicine (Washington Post)
- Market Turmoil Takes Costly Toll on Video Games (SiliconValley)
- This has to be a joke: GSEs Still A Good Thing, Lew Ranieri Says (IDD)
- IMF World Economic Outlook: Financial Stress, Downturns, and Recoveries (IMF)