I hate shopping, but I love shopping data. I was reminded of that today in scanning a recent ResourceShelf post about services that combine shopping and price data to give insights into market trends. Here are some of the services mentioned, most of which have come up separately here before:
- mPire.com. Shopping search plus historical pricing information.
- Trulia. Heat maps and monthly reports on the real estate search market.
- FareCast. Airline ticket shopping plus historical pricing info.
- Wize. Taking user generated rated reviews from disparate web sources and combining them into a single score.
- Oodle. Market data distilled from over 20 million classified listings.