Nick at Valleywag has noticed that Yahoo Finance may be becoming a hollow shell. Here are just some of the open positions:
- Yahoo Finance – Managing Editor: Used to be Christopher Jones, who went to Conde Nast Portfolio Online.
- Yahoo Finance – Assistant Managing Editor: New position, not yet filled.
- Yahoo Finance – Director of Business Development: Used to be Maria Molland, who followed former GM Nathan Richardson to Dow Jones.
- Yahoo Finance – Senior Business Development Manager: Used to be M. Scott Havens, who went to Conde Nast Portfolio Online.
- Yahoo Finance – Business Development Associate: Used to be Chris Hunter, who went to CNNmoney.com.
Interesting — and not what Yahoo Finance needs in an increasing competitive financial portal business.