I just realized one of my work email addresses was in a forwarding frenzy:
- People would send me email at the work address
- The address was set to bounce it to an ISP address that I only use to receive email from the above work account
- I had set the ISP address to bounce all incoming email to another personal address that I use much more often
- The personal address was set to procmail bounce incoming messages from the above address to Gmail where it would be spam-cleansed
- The Gmail address was configured to bounce the email back to me again at the personal address
- I would grab the email from the personal address using my POP client
My conclusion after realizing all the Brownian bouncing that those work emails go through: I’m lucky I ever receive anything.